By: Bob Dikman, ALC, CCIM, SIOR, CRB, Chairman & CEO
We have all heard the ‘doom and gloom’ stories about the commercial real estate market for several years now. I don’t know about you, but I am tired of it! I have always been a ‘glass half full’ kind of guy and never before has this been so true as it is
now in how we look at the commercial real estate industry.
There has never been a better time to buy or lease commercial real estate. The
prices are right, the deals are out there, and real estate is (and always has been) an
excellent place to put your money.
At The Dikman Company, we are enthusiastic about what we are seeing in the market today. We have the properties and are ready to ‘make a deal’.
Still not convinced?
1. Rents are at all time lows right now.
Take advantage of that. Consider a long term lease and never worry about the
increase that will inevitably occur when the market turns around.
2. SBA rates start at 4.75% with a loan to value ratio of 90%. There are many excellent financing options available; you just have to do your homework. The deals are out there. Buy now and lock in those rates.
3. According to NAR, construction activity is nearly nonexistent in most areas and it is a buyer’s market for development acquisitions. Local experts said commercial office and industrial prices are below construction costs in 83% of markets.
4. SIORs are closing transactions and reporting an increase in business – as reflected in the number of Member to Member (Cooperative) Transactions submitted to SIOR.
5. Sellers and Lessors are willing to work with you! Everything is negotiable, that includes commercial real estate.
So, I encourage you to take advantage of the ‘perfect storm’ that is taking place in the industry. The tides are shifting and now is the time to take control and navigate the waters.In other words, it’s time to ‘make a deal’. The Dikman Company
wants to see ALL your deals. We have investors and owner users ready to